About Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Who is Phoenix Children's Hospital (PCH)?
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital is a freestanding children’s hospital located in Phoenix, Arizona that provides specialty pediatric services in inpatient, outpatient, emergency, trauma, and urgent care. It is one of the largest Children’s Hospitals in the country, employing more than 220 pediatric specialists with more than 1,000 pediatric specialists on its Medical Staff and more than 1,000 FTEs on its nursing staff. This represents the largest pediatric group in the state of Arizona. The hospital also works in collaboration with Dignity Health and Mayo Clinic to provide more robust care in specialties related to cardiology, neurology, hematology/oncology and organ transplant.
- How long has PCH been around?
- Phoenix Children's Hospital was founded in 1983 as an independent children's hospital within Good Samaritan Hospital. It operated there for nearly 20 years. In 2002, Phoenix Children's opened as a freestanding specialized pediatric hospital and in 2008 opened specialty and urgent care centers in the East Valley and Northwest Valley. Finally in 2011, the current, 11-story tower was opened as the centerpiece of a 37 acre campus including the original East Building, two medical office buildings, a Central Energy Plant, three parking structures, an administration building and a Ronald McDonald House.
- What exactly will this event support?
- Our event will help raise money for the Hope Fund. The Hope Fund is the most flexible and valuable way donors can support Phoenix Children’s Hospital, allowing them to meet new challenges and take advantage of opportunities as they arise. The Hope Fund helps them launch critical new programs, purchase essential equipment, conduct cutting-edge research, provide charitable care, and much more. Many donors choose to support specific programs and services that meet their areas of interest and personal goals, and these gifts are valuable and essential to their mission. But the power of unrestricted giving through the Hope Fund is immeasurable. It ensures that support is available where and when it is needed most so they can continue to enhance the care they provide to their patients.
- Who is a good contact at PCH for this event?
- Alyssa Snow with The Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation is the Special Events Coordinator for this event:
Special Events Coordinator
Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation
2929 E. Camelback Rd. #122 | Phoenix, AZ 85016
p (602) 933-2617 | f (602) 933-2644